Think of all the work we did in 2006! Is there someone who you would like to nominate? Just a few ideas of people that I think are worthy of nomination (in no particular order):
- Cinta Kaipat: For creating the vision for Beautify CNMI! Literally thousands of people have been involved in our success, but she started it with an idea.
- MOVER: For volunteering at least once per weekend every weekend since June.
- Marites Castillo: For leading MOVER
- Marianas RC&D: For coordinating 1020 on 10/20, the CNMI's largest ever island wide cleanup which attracted at least 3,380 volunteers on a single day.
- CNMI Watershed Group: For coordinating the Laulau Bay Revegetation Project.
- Adam Sablan & Family: see MOVER, same reason.
- The Chairs: For leading Beautify CNMI! Even though the chairs work for different sectors of our society (i.e. government, business, and non-profits) they have come together to promote an environmental ethic in our islands.
- CNMI Media: Bringing our message to the people. The media isn't just doing their jobs when they report on us. They choose to report on us and, more importantly, do so in a positive light. They have been our greastest recruitmers of other Beautifiers and they don't even know it.
- Absalon Waki: For his work in the Garapan Tourist District