Saturday, August 08, 2009

Draft August Minutes

Beautify CNMI August 2009 Meeting
DEQ Conference Room
Thursday, August 6, 2009
3:30 PM

I. Attendees: Angelo Villagomez, Tyler Yoshimoto, Joe Kaipat, Carl Brachear, Lian Brachear
II. Agenda Adopted
III. July Minutes Adopted – Angelo will post on website
IV. Committee Reports
a. Restoration – Angelo
i. Laolao tree planting day is on August 16. Looking for 100 volunteers to help
ii. CRM is providing food
iii. DEQ is providing water, t-shirts. They are also doing press releases and fliers.
iv. Forestry is bringing trees.
v. Angelo will coordinate the donation of coconuts and will bring some Beautify CNMI t-shirts
vi. Hoping that USDA will provide Earth Team Coverage
vii. Angelo will need help finding volunteers.
b. Junk Cars – nothing to report
c. Solid Waste – Joe
i. Kathy could not make the meeting, but updated Joe on the MINA grant. They are still waiting on approval
ii. July 4 cleanup – volunteers cleaned 2500 lbs of trash along the parade route
iii. Kagman Biology Club cleaned up 1200 lbs of trash in July. Scheduled to do another cleanup on August 15.
iv. DEQ cleanup brigade got rained out this month
v. A company donated 12 empty oil drums. Joe wants to donate them to Parks and Rec or the Mayors.
vi. Dandan Community Watch is doing a cleanup of the Dandan Children’s Park this Saturday at 8 AM. Will clean the park and plant trees. We are donating trash bags and gloves.
vii. We are still waiting on our order of rubber gloves from Brabu.
viii. PDM Promoters did their cleanup.
d. Parks & Trails – nothing to report
e. Graffiti – Tyler
i. Created an email notification list. Discusses the ideas behind the graffiti campaign, the background of the reasons for the campaign. There are 18 people of the committee so far.
ii. Will contact DYS to participate
iii. Planning on having a meeting before August ends.
iv. ISK8 is meeting on August 6 to discuss graffiti. Hoping that they start a weekly graffiti cleanup.
v. MegaBYTE is going to donate 50% of the cost of a pressure washer and will store and maintain it.
vi. Had an idea to take picture of graffiti on a business and show it to the business owner. Ask the business owner for support if we help them.
vii. Will eventually looking for business support and government support. Several people threw out some ideas.
V. Miscellaneous
a. Bumper Stickers – We will do a bumper sticker and slogan contest starting in September. Will use $150 Bridge Capital donation.
b. PIC Fundraiser – PICpalooza on August 29. 80’s theme. $25 per person, funds to be split by PAWS and Beautify CNMI. A portion of this money will be used to purchase the bumper stickers in October.
c. RC&D Handouts – Angelo handed out papers from RC&D discussing their program. The organization is looking to rebuild in Saipan and is looking for Saipan Island Committee members.
VI. Other Business
VII. Adjournment

1 comment: said...

imo apk
imo pc
imo free video call
Hello friends, its impressive post regarding cultureand fully explained, keep it up all the time.